Facilitating energy connections with customers in mind.
When assessing electric transmission needs for the grid, ITC keeps consumers of energy firmly in mind. Through our investments, we facilitate lower energy costs, increased efficiency and greater reliability. Our customers range from traditional utilities and independent power producers to industrial customers and energy providers looking to connect to the power grid.
ITC PARTICIPATES IN 65TH ANNUAL MICHIGAN ENERGY PROVIDERS CONFERENCE
Creating our energy future can only be accomplished through cooperation and collaboration across our industry. For 65 years, the Michigan Energy Providers Conference (MEPC) has provided a forum to educate stakeholders on energy issues, enable partnerships within the industry and facilitate communication regarding energy policy in Michigan.
In late July, with planning committee members representing a cross-section of the energy industry in Michigan (including ITC, DTE Energy, Consumers Energy, SEMCO, the Michigan Gas & Electric Association – and more), the conference has attracted key energy influencers for 65 years in a row.
Leading the development of topics and agenda, Kwafo Adarkwa, ITC Director Public Affairs, served as the Chair of this year’s conference and welcomed a sold-out audience. Positive Outcomes from Pandemic Challenges; Could Michigan Weather it Better than Texas; Electric Vehicles in Our Energy Industry and Reducing Carbon and other Greenhouses Gases were some of the panel sessions hosted and staffed by industry leaders. ITC’s Vice President, Planning – Chuck Marshall – participated on the Resilient Power panel, moderated by Michigan Public Service Commissioner Katherine Peretick.
Continuing with the MEPC tradition of supporting a charity, participants heard from Veronika Scott, CEO of the Empowerment Plan, an incredible organization providing employment and training to homeless parents who manufacture sleeping bag coats for those in need.
ITC representatives look forward to their continued involvement on the planning committee for the 66th MEPC Conference next year in Bellaire, MI.
ITC’s sole focus on transmission allows us to facilitate the reliable and efficient delivery of electricity to our wholesale customers – regardless of the generation source. As a result of our sustained investments, ITC’s transmission systems routinely perform in the top tier of utilities nationally for service reliability. Our energy-intensive customers connected to ITC at transmission-level voltage expect nothing less.
Our customers include:
- Co-Op: We collaborate with co-ops to identify and build critical transmission projects that deliver reliable, affordable energy to co-op members and the greater region. In cooperation with co-ops, farmers, ranchers and other stewards of the land, we’re modernizing the grid in the nation’s Heartland. LEARN MORE.
- Municipal Utilities: Adequate and reliable transmission capacity is a must for municipally owned public power utilities to serve their customers and support economic development. ITC works proactively with municipal utilities to identify issues, solve problems and improve systems. LEARN MORE.
- Investor-Owned, Vertically Integrated Electric Utilities: ITC provides transmission partnership solutions for those utilities choosing to focus on their generation and distribution assets.
- Merchant & Transmission Interconnection: ITC believes in a comprehensive planning approach to developing merchant high voltage direct current (HVDC), merchant transmission solutions that complement the AC infrastructure. ITC INTERCONNECTION provides project management oversight, financing and compliance expertise for those needing to connect generating facilities to the transmission grid.
- Independent Power Producers or Non-Utility Generators
- Utility Partners
- Commercial/Large Load Connectors
- Subscribers to Contracted, Merchant Transmission Lines
Electric infrastructure plays a vital role in economic development. That’s one of the reasons ITC invests in a modern, robust power transmission grid. We provide reliable wholesale electric service, ensure system capacity for the demands of tomorrow and enable electricity customers and generators access to competitive wholesale markets.
EXPLORE ITC CASE STUDIES
Follow ITC’s track record of success in helping our utility partners connect to the grid.
READ ITC NEWS
Learn more about the latest news