ITC Midwest and Xcel Energy are proposing to build a 40-50 mile 345 kilovolt (kV) transmission line that would connect ITC Midwest’s Huntley Substation, south of Winnebago, and Xcel Energy’s Wilmarth Substation, north of Mankato. The Huntley-Wilmarth project will increase access to low-cost electricity and help reduce congestion on the transmission grid.
The Huntley-Wilmarth project provides several local and regional benefits including:
- Relieving congestion on the transmission grid
- Increasing transmission capacity to deliver low cost energy to customers
- Supporting new generation development, including renewable energy
- Increasing property tax revenues to local governments
- Strengthening the transmission grid by providing system redundancy and increasing reliability
WANT TO SEE ALL THE PROJECT DETAILS?